THIS INSTRUCTOR IS VERY PARTICULAR AND READ EVERY LINE: ONLY ACCEPT ASSIGNMENT IF YOU WILL PRODUCE PROFECTION!!!!!!
Class: Gerontological Nursing
Assessing and Planning Care for an Elderly Person
In order to gain an insight into the world of elder adults, it is important to understand how they view themselves and the values they hold. Additionally it is important to assess and determine his/her needs and establish appropriate interventions for this individual.
In a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style, you will discuss your interview of an older adult. This person cannot be a patient in your clinical setting. You can use a friend, family member, or co-worker. The older adult must be age 65 years or older.There are two parts to this assignment – the psychosocial interview component and the functional assessment.
Download the patient questionnaire. QUESTIONNAIRE INCLUDED AS ATTACHMENT . Use this format to record the person’s responses.
- Include 2–3 questions of your own to get a complete picture of the older adult.
- Summarize your findings.
- Include the questionnaire with responses in the Appendix of your paper.
After gaining permission, conduct a physical and mental functional assessment of the older adult you have chosen. Review your readings for the process of a functional assessment.
- Use the tools discussed this week to complete a comprehensive assessment of your patient. Search the Internet for resources on these tools.
- Tinetti Balance and Gait Evaluation
- Katz Index of Activities of Daily Living
- Assessment of Home Safety
- The Barthel Index
- Do not include a name on each tool, but do include professional or other designation, and age. Your name should also be identified on the tool.
- Include these tools in the Appendix.
- Based on your assessment:
- Compare and contrast the age-related changes of the older person you interviewed and assessed with those identified in this week’s reading assignment.
- Identify at least 4–6 preliminary issues.
- Identify three alterations in health that you would propose and describe them.
- Identify a minimum of three comprehensive interventions for each alteration.
- Integrate cultural considerations in your interventions.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format.
TEXTBOOK: Miller, C. A. (2018). Nursing for Wellness in Older Adults (8th ed.). Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
READINGS : Assessment of Health and Function
- Psychosocial Wellness
- Psychosocial Assessment
************MUST BE APA 7TH EDITION FORMAT, MUST HAVE NO SPELLING ERRORS, MUST HAVE CORRECT PUNCTION, MUST CITE AND REFERRENCE, MUST ATTACH “TURN IT IN” RESULTS TO PAPER, TEACHER CHECK FOR PLAGARISM ON A WEBSITE SUBMITTED TO, PROOFREAD!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, I have designed an assignment for my Gerontological Nursing class to assess and plan care for an elderly person. This assignment involves conducting a psychosocial interview and a functional assessment of an older adult. In this paper, I will discuss the guidelines for both components of the assignment.
Answer to question 1:
The assignment requires a Microsoft Word document of 4-5 pages formatted in APA style. The document should discuss the interview of an older adult and include the responses to the patient questionnaire provided in the attachment. It is also required to conduct a physical and mental functional assessment of the older adult and use the tools discussed in class to complete a comprehensive assessment. The assessment tools should be included in the appendix section of the document.
Answer to question 2:
Based on the assessment, the document should compare and contrast the age-related changes of the older person with those identified in the reading assignment. It should also identify 4-6 preliminary issues and propose 3 alterations in health. Additionally, the document should identify a minimum of three comprehensive interventions for each alteration and integrate cultural considerations in the interventions.
Answer to question 3:
The document must be free of spelling errors, use correct punctuation, cite and reference all sources in APA format, and have a “Turn it in” report attached to it. The professor will also check for plagiarism on a website submitted to and requires the paper to be proofread for errors.