Unit II Project Topic
- Weight: 2% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
- Due: Tuesday, 09/21/2021 11:59 PM (CST)
In Unit VIII, you are required to submit a management action plan (MAP). Instructions for this assignment can be found by viewing the Unit VIII assignment instructions below. Additionally, you can click here to view an example of a completed MAP. Your MAP can be either a “real-world” management problem within your own healthcare organization or one of the scenarios shown below. For this assignment, please present a one-paragraph summary of the problem to your instructor for approval by submitting it here in Blackboard. Your paragraph will describe the scenario as well as the reason why you believe a MAP is warranted for this scenario.
- Deciding on for-profit, not-for-profit, or public status for your hospital
- Managing third-party payer relationships in health care
- Implementing Healthy People 2020 standards in your community
- Implementing evidence-based medicine in your hospital
- Implementing CMS quality initiatives in your hospital
- Developing a workplace safety plan for your hospital
- Implementing telehealth services in your facility
- Conducting a complete risk assessment for your facility
- Developing an accountable care organization for your organization
- Developing a marketing plan for your healthcare facility
Expert Solution Preview
The Unit II Project Topic assignment requires students to submit a one-paragraph summary of a management problem that warrants a management action plan (MAP) for their healthcare organization. The MAP can be based on a real-world scenario or one of the provided scenarios. As the medical professor in charge of creating college assignments and answers, here are the answers to the questions related to this assignment.
1. What is the purpose of the Unit II Project Topic assignment?
Answer: The purpose of the Unit II Project Topic assignment is to provide students with an opportunity to identify a management problem in their healthcare organization that requires a management action plan (MAP). The assignment requires students to submit a one-paragraph summary of the problem and the reason why they believe a MAP is warranted.
2. How should students choose the scenario for their MAP?
Answer: Students can choose a scenario for their MAP from the list of provided scenarios or select a real-world management problem within their healthcare organization. The choice of the scenario should be based on the relevance and applicability of the problem to the student’s healthcare organization.
3. What is the deadline for submitting the one-paragraph summary of the problem for approval?
Answer: The deadline for submitting the one-paragraph summary of the problem for approval is Tuesday, 09/21/2021, 11:59 PM (CST). Students must submit their paragraph on Blackboard to their instructor for approval before they can proceed with developing their MAP.