Unit V Article Critique
The purpose of this assignment is for you to practice reviewing and analyzing articles that contribute to the healthcare industry. Reviewing healthcare literature and trends provides you with the opportunity to read about what was successful in the industry and how it was accomplished. It also allows you to analyze what was unsuccessful, how you can improve it, or at least how you can avoid repeating the mistakes of others.
In order to foster positive organizational culture, mission, and philosophy, it is important for the healthcare professional learn to respect and embrace cultural differences rather than being afraid of them. For this assignment, you will utilize the CSU Online Library to locate and choose a peer-reviewed article about organizational cultural competence and cultural differences that you may encounter in the workplace. You will then analyze the role that cultural competency plays in effective healthcare administration based on the article.
The CSU Online Library contains a great selection of databases for conducting research. The Academic Search Ultimate database is a good place to begin your search.
The article you choose must meet the following requirements:
- be peer reviewed,
- be at least five pages in length,
- be less than 10 years old, and
- relate to the concepts of cultural competence and organizational values.
As you read the article you choose for this assignment, consider the questions below.
- What is cultural competence? Why is it important for healthcare professionals?
- How do communication skills support organizational culture, mission, and philosophy and improve cultural competence?
- How can the points presented in the article help the healthcare industry improve how its professionals relate to one another as well as the patients they serve?
Your critique must meet the requirements below.
- Your critique must be at least three pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
- Identify the main topic or question and the author’s intended audience.
- Comment on the article by sharing your opinions on what appears to be valid and invalid.
- Discuss if you agree with the author’s assertions, and share why you do or why you do not agree.
- All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. All references and citations used must be in APA style.
Colbert, B. J., & Katrancha, E. D. (2016). Career success in health care: Professionalism in action (3rd ed.). Cengage Learning.
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, it is essential to develop assignments and evaluations that challenge and enhance the knowledge of healthcare students. The following provides an answer to the Unit V Article Critique assignment for healthcare students.
To understand the importance of cultural competence in the healthcare industry, it is crucial to define what it entails. Cultural competence refers to the ability of healthcare professionals to understand and respect cultural differences in healthcare. It allows healthcare professionals to tailor their care to meet the unique needs of each patient. Cultural competence is essential for healthcare professionals because it ensures that patients receive care that is inclusive and appropriate to their cultural background.
Communication skills play an integral role in organizational culture, mission, and philosophy in improving cultural competence. Effective communication skills allow healthcare professionals to understand the patient’s perspective and communicate more effectively with them. Communication skills enable healthcare professionals to identify the patient’s cultural background, beliefs, values, and preferences, which is essential in developing care plans that are culturally sensitive.
The article highlights the importance of cultural competency in improving how healthcare professionals relate to one another and the patients they serve. It suggests that healthcare organizations should invest in training programs that help healthcare professionals develop cultural competency skills. Healthcare organizations should also encourage an open and safe environment that encourages dialogue on cultural differences.
In conclusion, cultural competence is essential for healthcare professionals. It is crucial to provide culturally sensitive care and promote an inclusive environment. Effective communication skills and training programs that promote cultural competency can help healthcare organizations achieve this.