For this discussion, you will introduce your course project topic by uploading a brief presentation.
The topic of the course project will be any medical disease or medical condition of the body. Choose one that interests you and explain why you chose this particular disease or medical condition (i.e., what piqued your interest and why, if it is, relevant to you). You should make sure to select a different condition than your classmates – so include the name of your disease/condition in the title of your post.
- Familiarize yourself with the Course Project Guide.
- Create a narrated PowerPoint presentation (or other multimedia program as approved by your instructor)
- (2-3 slides) and upload it as a file attachment to your Discussion post.
- For instructions on how to create audio narration in PowerPoint, see the following link: Record a Slide Show With Narration.
- Your mini-presentation should include the following:
- Your name, date, class name, and instructor name
- The name of the medical condition or disease you chose
- Why this topic is relevant or important
- Why you chose this condition/disease
- Type your file as FirstnameLastname_BIOL181_Pres1.ppt (or .pptx)
Expert Solution Preview
Introduction: For this assignment, students are asked to create a brief presentation introducing their chosen medical disease or condition for their course project. This presentation should include their name, date, class name, and instructor name, as well as the name of their chosen condition and why it is relevant or important. Students should also explain what piqued their interest in this particular disease or condition.
Question 1: What should be included in the student’s presentation?
The student’s presentation should include their name, date, class name, and instructor name, as well as the name of their chosen medical condition or disease. The presentation should also explain why this topic is relevant or important and why the student chose this particular condition or disease. The file should be saved as FirstnameLastname_BIOL181_Pres1.ppt (or .pptx) and should be a mini-presentation of 2-3 slides with audio narration (or another approved multimedia program).
Question 2: What is the purpose of this assignment?
The purpose of this assignment is to allow students to explore a specific medical disease or condition of interest to them, and to present why this topic is relevant or important. It also allows students to practice presenting information in a multimedia format and to become comfortable with audio narration. The presentation can serve as a starting point for the student’s course project, which will involve further research and analysis of their chosen medical condition or disease.
Question 3: Why is it important for students to choose a different medical condition than their classmates?
Choosing different medical conditions than their classmates allows for a more diverse range of diseases and conditions to be explored in the course. It also encourages students to pick a topic that is of particular interest to them, rather than simply following their peers’ choices. This can lead to greater engagement and motivation in the course project, as well as a more comprehensive understanding of various medical conditions and diseases.