Find a recent article that interests you. PLEASE INCLUDE REFERENCES PROPERLY.
Recent = no older than 21 days from when you are posting your response to this prompt. The date stamp of your response will be used for this.
Select the article from one of the following sources:
- Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/
- NPR News: https://www.npr.org/sections/news/
- BBC News: https://www.bbc.com/news
*Read the article carefully, and address the following questions: Who is the author? What are the author(s) qualifications? What may have motivated the author(s) to write about this subject?
Provide the following, and number your responses 1-5:
1. Article Title
2. Article Date
4. Brief summary of what the article is about (one or two sentences at most).
5. Now this is the challenging part. Read the article carefully, and address the following questions: 5a) Who is the author? 5b) What are the author(s) qualifications? 5c) What may have motivated the author(s) to write about this subject?
(Minimum Word Count: 150-300 words total)
Expert Solution Preview
Introduction: As a medical professor, it is important to stay up-to-date with recent medical news and developments. For this assignment, I selected an article from Reuters on a topic that is particularly important in today’s society – COVID-19. In this response, I will provide an overview of the article, followed by the author’s information and qualifications, and a discussion on what motivated the author to write about this subject.
1. Article Title: “Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine proves effective against South African variant in laboratory study”
2. Article Date: May 6, 2021
3. Link/URL: https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/pfizers-covid-19-vaccine-proves-effective-against-south-african-variant-laboratory-2021-05-06/
4. Brief summary of what the article is about: The article reports on a study conducted by Pfizer and BioNTech that shows their COVID-19 vaccine appears to be effective against the South African variant of the virus. The study is preliminary and has not yet been peer-reviewed, but it is a positive development in the fight against COVID-19.
5. The author of the article is Michael Erman, a Reuters journalist who covers healthcare and pharmaceuticals. Erman has been with Reuters since 2002 and has covered a variety of topics including the 2008 financial crisis and the opioid crisis. It is clear that Erman has a strong background in reporting on complex and important issues, and his experience allows him to provide thorough and accurate information to his readers. It is likely that the motivation for writing about this subject is to provide his readers with updates on the current state of the pandemic and to provide hope to those who are concerned about the South African variant. Additionally, reporting on positive developments in the fight against COVID-19 is likely to be of interest to a wide range of readers.