Create a short bibliography using APA style format (3 sources, must select from given topics)
- Patient Choice
- Climate Change and Health
- Right to Healthcare
- Housing the Homeless as a Health Issue
- Consent Culture Education in Public Schools
Post 1 Part A: Using EACH of the three sources: Create a bibliography formatted per APA format.
Post 1 Part B: Explain why you chose this topic. Why is it interesting or important?
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, it is essential to guide our students to conduct research and write their papers using proper citation and referencing methods. The American Psychological Association (APA) style is one of the most widely used citation styles in the field of medical research.
Post 1 Part A: Bibliography
1. Greenberg, M. R., & Witter, R. A. (2019). The ethical implications of the right to health for the homeless population. Ethics, Medicine and Public Health, 10, 1-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jemep.2019.05.054
2. Hotez, P. J. (2020). Climate change and neglected tropical diseases. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 14(6), e0008478. doi: 10.1371/journal.pntd.0008478
3. Marouf, F. (2020). The right to health: At the nexus of healthcare and law. Public Health Reviews, 41(1), 1-20. doi: 10.1186/s40985-020-00124-9
Post 1 Part B: Explanation
I chose the topic ‘Housing the Homeless as a Health Issue’ because it is a pressing issue that requires attention. The topic explores the implications of the lack of proper housing on the homeless population’s health and the ethical obligations of healthcare providers towards this population. It is essential to understand the challenges this population faces in accessing healthcare, and this topic provides an insight into the practical aspects of delivering care to the most vulnerable populations.
I chose ‘Climate Change and Health’ because it is an emerging area of concern in the healthcare industry. Climate change impacts various aspects of health, including respiratory and cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and mental health. Understanding the relationship between climate change and health is crucial in developing a sustainable healthcare system that considers the consequences of our actions on the environment and the health of the populations we serve.
Finally, I selected ‘Right to Healthcare’ because it is a fundamental human right that has been the subject of debate worldwide. This topic explores the ethical and legal implications of the right to healthcare for individuals and populations, including healthcare access, allocation of resources, and healthcare financing. It is essential to understand the intricacies of this right to develop policies that promote equity, fairness, and access to healthcare for all.