Assignment #3 is the final section of your innovative technology paper. For Assignment #3, you will be researching additional factors that need to be considered when adopting technology, including key stakeholders and associated costs/benefits of the selected technology. In addition, you will develop a plan for adoption, based on a theory, model, or framework. Finally, you will conclude your paper by identifying any barriers to the adoption of the technology that you might anticipate, and societal implications, and future applications. Any feedback received related to the first two sections of your paper should be incorporated into this final assignment. For this final assignment, you will be adding the following components:
- Section #1: Technology Description (including any required revisions)
- Section #2: Narrative Literature Synthesis / Evidence Summary Table (including any required revisions)
- Section #3:
- Identify key stakeholders relevant to the adoption of the technology, including their investment, what they have to gain, and any source of bias.
- Cost-benefit analysis/financial considerations
- Provide an analysis of the cost of the technology (e.g. cost of illness, cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit, etc.), the suitability of which will depend upon the availability of data and other resources.
- Plan for dissemination and adoption
- Select a technology adoption theory, model, or framework
- Using the selected theory, model, or framework – develop a plan for adoption of your selected technology. The plan for adoption should include a discussion of how you would apply/integrate the theory into the adoption of the technology.
- Incorporate any relevant complexity leadership functions (operational leadership, entrepreneurial leadership, enabling leadership) that would be beneficial in helping facilitate the adoption of your technology within a clinical practice or organization.
- Barriers to adoption
- Identify any anticipated barriers to the adoption of the technology based on the developed plan for dissemination and adoption.
- Provide possible solutions to address the identified barriers
- Societal Implications
- Discuss any policy, legal, ethical, cultural, and safety implications that are relevant to the adoption of the selected technology
- Future Applications
- Discuss any future applications specific to the selected technology.
Expert Solution Preview
Assignment #3 is the final section of the innovative technology paper that requires students to conduct research on additional factors that need to be considered when adopting technology. The aim is to identify key stakeholders, associated costs/benefits, and develop a plan for adoption based on a theory, model, or framework. This final assignment also requires students to anticipate any barriers to adoption, societal implications, and future applications.
For Assignment #3, students need to identify key stakeholders who are relevant to the adoption of the selected technology. This includes determining the investment of stakeholders, what they would gain, and any biases they may have. Students should also provide an analysis of the cost/benefits of the technology, including cost-effectiveness and the cost of illness, based on available data and resources.
In addition, students must choose a technology adoption theory, model, or framework and develop a plan for adoption based on their selection. The plan should discuss how the theory or framework will be integrated into the adoption process of the technology. To facilitate the adoption of the technology, students should also consider including relevant complexity leadership functions such as operational, entrepreneurial, and enabling leadership.
Anticipating any barriers to adoption is also an important component of the assignment. Students should identify any possible barriers based on their plan for dissemination and adoption of the technology and provide potential solutions to overcome these barriers. Additionally, students need to discuss societal implications such as policy, legal, ethical, cultural, and safety implications that arise with the adoption of the selected technology. Finally, students should discuss any future applications related to the chosen technology.
Overall, the aim of Assignment #3 is to prepare students to think critically about various factors that need to be considered when adopting technology in a clinical practice or organization.