Creating a Plan of Care
Utilizing the information you have gathered over the last four weeks regarding the specific illness group you identified, this week, you will create a plan of care for your chronic illness group.
In a Microsoft Word document of 5-6 pages formatted in APA style, (this page requirement includes the holistic care plan). Include the following in your plan:
- Provide a brief introduction describing the chronically ill group you selected and rationale for selecting this illness and the participants.
- Clearly identify the Healthy People 2030 topic chosen and why this topic was selected.
- Develop a holistic plan of care including patient, family and friends acceptance of the diagnosis, coping and impact on plan of care.
- Summarize the information gathered in each week (Weeks 1–4) over 2 to 3 pages. This is should not to be copied and pasted from previous assignments.
- Create a care plan for your chronic illness group organized using the following headings:
- Nursing Diagnoses (at least 3 related to topic and interview results)
- Assessment Data (objective and subjective)
- Interview Results
- Desired Outcomes
- Evaluation Criteria
- Actions and Interventions
- Evaluation of Patient Outcomes
- Identify strategies for the family or caregiver in the care plan and provide your rationale on how they will work.
Support your responses with examples and information from library resources, textbook and lectures.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format.
MUST CITE AND REFERENCE , PROOF READ AND SUBMIT TO “TURN IT IN” ,
MUST COMPLETE ALL PARTS OF THE ASSIGNMENT!!!!
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, creating assignments and providing feedback to medical college students is a crucial responsibility. The purpose of this assignment is to develop a holistic plan of care for a specific chronic illness group, drawing from the information gathered over the last four weeks. This plan will include nursing diagnoses, assessment data, interview results, desired outcomes, evaluation criteria, actions and interventions, and evaluation of patient outcomes. Additionally, strategies for the family or caregiver will be identified, including their rationale on how they will work. The plan will also include an introduction describing the chronically ill group, the rationale for selecting this illness and the participants, and the Healthy People 2030 topic chosen and why this topic was selected.
What should be included in the plan of care for a chronic illness group?
In a plan of care for a chronic illness group, it is essential to include nursing diagnoses, assessment data, interview results, desired outcomes, evaluation criteria, actions and interventions, and evaluation of patient outcomes. The plan should be organized using the following headings:
1. Nursing Diagnoses: This section should include at least three nursing diagnoses related to the topic and interview results.
2. Assessment Data: This section should include both objective and subjective data related to the chronic illness group.
3. Interview Results: This section should summarize the information gathered in each week over 2 to 3 pages, explaining how this information influenced the development of the plan of care.
4. Desired Outcomes: This section should outline the desired outcomes for patients, including specific goals they should aim to meet.
5. Evaluation Criteria: This section should specify how patient outcomes will be evaluated and measured.
6. Actions and Interventions: This section will describe the actions and interventions that will be used to promote patient health and meet the desired outcomes.
7. Evaluation of Patient Outcomes: This section should analyze the patient outcomes and determine if the desired outcomes have been met.
Additionally, the plan should include strategies for the family or caregiver and an explanation of how and why these strategies will work.